The quest for 60

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 12, 2009
Congrats... hopefully she can maintain it as the year goes! My DD always throws harder after a decent break and surprisingly is usually very accurate but she usually slows after she's been pitching a while.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Congrats... hopefully she can maintain it as the year goes! My DD always throws harder after a decent break and surprisingly is usually very accurate but she usually slows after she's been pitching a while.

yeah...I don't expect it to stick around on a permanent basis, I expect it to go away, come back in a month a little more consistently, disappear again and then stick around more consistently on the third visit. That is how it went with other speed milestones. That won't prevent me from telling her to give me one at 60 every practice and telling her she throws like her grandma when it comes out at 58 though :)

Mar 12, 2009
yeah...I don't expect it to stick around on a permanent basis, I expect it to go away, come back in a month a little more consistently, disappear again and then stick around more consistently on the third visit. That is how it went with other speed milestones. That won't prevent me from telling her to give me one at 60 every practice and telling her she throws like her grandma when it comes out at 58 though :)

I totally agree... especially with the grandma statement! She's gonna be sorry you ever saw that 60:)

Jan 20, 2011

Exactly, I used to quote Hal from chapter 6 in his book "you were born a girl, it doesn't mean you have to throw like one" or " why are we working on change ups?"

Congrats

May 24, 2013
So Cal

Is grandma available to throw BP to my DD's team?

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Congrats on the 60mph . Can you explain the redcord or direct me to the post that does, Thanks

Thanks. I have zero knowledge of the system. Javasource had created a training program that uses it and he published the program in a thread. I know Corlay used it with some success and I had every intention of doing the same but then I saw a bright shiny object and forgot about it. So I don't have any first hand experience other than the fact that Java created it and Corlay used it effectively so it is probably pretty darned good. She would probably have reached it 6 months ago if I had simply followed through.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06