The latest guru on Twitter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Almost the exact opposite of Mookie Betts on deck work. Mookie has K'd 50 times this year and AJ about 135. I go with Mookie. Since you like to post gifs please post the mookie's on deck work.

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
RD, my question didn't have anything to do with TM and I would hope that our correspondence during other discussions would demonstrate that. I consider you a friend not an enemy. I know that people don't like Stanton's swing so I asked your opinion. I coached a young man years ago who made it to MLB. I once posted his swing. It was torn apart because I coached him. He played in MLB for 7 years and I thought that a great achievement. He was in MLB and the analysis were sitting on their bottoms at home wishing that their sons could make it to MLB.

Who was that player and can you post his swing. May be point me to here I can find his swing. I would like to compare it to Stanton. Are you saying he swung in Stanton's pattern.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Some people may not care for Stantons swing. But after signing a contract for $325 million I am not sure he cares about their opinions.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
RD, that was long ago. I no longer have his swing on file. No, I don't think his swing was like Stanton's. He played for several MLB teams including my Cardinals. I don't care to post his name. The point was that while people in one camp said he didn't have a HL swing, he was in MLB and their sons weren't. Stanton's swing has been proclaimed by the experts as not HL. He seems to do ok without their approval.

So, some one you coach played MLB and you don't want to give me his name....what am I to say or do about that or your point. Did it involve me?

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Mookie Betts on deck work is in the Barrel path thread here. I not so good with gifs. Anyway I will still take Mookie Bett's line over AJ. you could probably post this years numbers too

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
RD, that was long ago. I no longer have his swing on file. No, I don't think his swing was like Stanton's. He played for several MLB teams including my Cardinals. I don't care to post his name. The point was that while people in one camp said he didn't have a HL swing, he was in MLB and their sons weren't. Stanton's swing has been proclaimed by the experts as not HL. He seems to do ok without their approval.
No I get it. I'm guessing Rich said his swing wasn't HL. Rich says a lot of pros swings aren't HL. I never said Stanton's swing wasn't HL. I do see the way Stanton swings compared to Cabrera's swing. I like Cabrera's swing. I'm guessing Rich likes Cabrera's swing better, because Stanton's swing for the reason's pointed out in the gif. It's a forum for discussing swings. I may not like every swing posted either. Doesn't mean their not HL. Is it a swing I would like to teach...some not so much.
Remember, I don't teach any one..have no, not a one student.
Added:I see you posted as I was posting. Seems because I post/pass on TM's hitting stuff, I'm Rich. I not. Here what I'll do I'll remove the gifs. No one really cared for them any way.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00