The Jake Elliott Thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
watched her vs kennesaw on Friday and she looked in control, fast, and loose.
(aside from just a few too-high risers and a few flubbed change ups)

I see in the box score that hey held on to beat Mich St. Good work!

Sep 18, 2011
It is easy to watch your DD when she throws well, excruciating when she struggles. :)

I am going to have to invoke the "never discuss your dd's struggles when she is currently 11-0 with a 1.01 e.r.a. while pitching for an S.E.C. team" rule. Administrators, can we get riseball suspended or banned for that? I mean shouldn't the kid actually have to lose a game before the word "struggle" is used?? :)

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I am going to have to invoke the "never discuss your dd's struggles when she is currently 11-0 with a 1.01 e.r.a. while pitching for an S.E.C. team" rule. Administrators, can we get riseball suspended or banned for that? I mean shouldn't the kid actually have to lose a game before the word "struggle" is used?? :)

What a difference a day makes! Even she agreed that she was way off on Saturday. I believe the phase stunk it up was bandied about at dinner. Bullet spin riseball, 2 seam that did not move, balls landing in the far reaches of the facility. It was a bad day for both her and Nikki. Thankfully both threw much better yesterday. Her riseball was still not there but her 2 seam was dead on, and she chucked more change ups than I have even seen her throw. They start SEC competition on Friday with a 3 game home stand versus Kentucky. :)

Nov 18, 2013
What a difference a day makes! Even she agreed that she was way off on Saturday. I believe the phase stunk it up was bandied about at dinner. Bullet spin riseball, 2 seam that did not move, balls landing in the far reaches of the facility. It was a bad day for both her and Nikki. Thankfully both threw much better yesterday. Her riseball was still not there but her 2 seam was dead on, and she chucked more change ups than I have even seen her throw. They start SEC competition on Friday with a 3 game home stand versus Kentucky. :)

Must have been something in the DFP water. DD gave up back to back to back HR's on Saturday. Ouch.

Sep 29, 2014
Tough weekend but really liked they way she never gives up gutted out a really tough last three innings of the last game of the series (all I got to watch). Just reemphasizes how tough the SEC is; you have to have a solid defense every little mistake (even if they don't count as errors) usually means runs and on the flip side you have to score runs which is not easy.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Rough weekend for the Gamecocks. Seems like whatever could go wrong, went way wrong. Wish I could head up for the series vs Georgia but will have to watch that one from home.

Sep 18, 2011
Just reemphasizes how tough the SEC is; you have to have a solid defense every little mistake (even if they don't count as errors) usually means runs and on the flip side you have to score runs which is not easy.

Agreed. Pop fly balls that hang in the air for 10 seconds have to be caught, and nobody should be able to score on a "sac fly" that gets caught by an outfielder about 5 steps from the infield.

Good luck next week v. Georgia!

Mar 26, 2013
Agreed. Pop fly balls that hang in the air for 10 seconds have to be caught, and nobody should be able to score on a "sac fly" that gets caught by an outfielder about 5 steps from the infield.
Worse yet, 2 runs.

The saying "no room for error" is very applicable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand