"The Insider bat "

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I don't think it's at all appropriate to question a hitter's gender, especially in a public forum.

I think you are confused.

Tim referred to "someone" as "her". I don't know this someone. I simply used the same word in responding to Tim ... the word being "her".

If Tim used "he", I would have responded with "he".

If you have a beef with it, then bring it up with Tim.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Lets face it you are a complete JERK!!! People have asked you to post ANYTHING you do with a hitter. NADA
Post any drills you do NADA
Post anything other than saying what other people do is wrong NADA.

Lets face it. We all know you are a internet hitting GURU. With no real positive things about what you teach except. Hey here is
a MLB player. Swing like him.
Or here is a college girl that made it, swing like her.

So get off your HORSE about what other people do that is wrong and POST, I MEAN POST things you do that you think are right of anybody in the WORLD!! that you have taught a swing too.( attach video ) of that teaching.

I will get right to the point. You have made 100 or maybe 200 posts on how Howard and I and Ifubuildit are wrong about the swing.
Can you beat a dead horse any more. I dont think so, or can you?

Straightleg

SL, someone mentioned the value of doing slow-motion two-handed drills over one-handed drills. I simply pointed out that slow-motion one-handed drills aren't always beneficial, and I personally feel you have provided some good examples of that.

The fact is, the swing being demonstrated in that demo does not establish the necessary fusion points to create a swing that would be connected at game-like swing speeds. The drill may give someone the feeling that they are making a connected swing, but when they speed the process up they will see that isn't the case.

As for the "jerk" comment ... let's try to keep things on a technical and informative level.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Bat20Lag-1.jpg

This is Barry Bonds. Not one of my students.

Sorry I usually try to use real life examples. Not MLB players. His forarm is stacked above his elbow.

Darn Barry Bonds is doing it wrong according to Five Frame Swing.

You know the guy!!! The one that posted 200 times saying it does not happen in the swing.

Straightleg

No, SL, Barry is correctly passing through the RVP Connection Point Position (also given a host of other names) in the photo above.

I've given several examples of this. You know better. Please don't make false claims.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
FiveFrameSwingTeaching.jpg

This is Five Frame Swings endorsement to makin on a good hitting aid

YouTube - Connector.wmv

This is my home made one that Five Frame Swing has been beating the dead horse over. Talking over and over about a stacked elbow.
Watch the mankin video five frame swing endorses of yes ( another person) not his own and watch the kid in the second video pass his rear leg with a stacked elbow and forarm, which five frame swing has beat into the ground saying it does not happen.

Straightleg

Why the need to make false statements?

I have not used Mankin's Connextion product, or have I worked with a hitter that has used this product. I do see potential value in it, but I think it's a stretch for you to be making a statement that I endorse a product I haven't worked with. Please, try to keep the conversation on a technical level and avoid making false claims.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
[QUOTE) Originally Posted by FiveFrameSwing
In my opinion there isn't a single swing clip that supports the hand path that advocated a near perfect vertical forearm at/near 'bat lag'. I haven't been able to find a single game-swing that supports that notion.

Bat20Lag-1.jpg

at or near bat leg!!! hmmmmmmm
getting old yet?

Straightleg

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
[QUOTE) Originally Posted by FiveFrameSwing
In my opinion there isn't a single swing clip that supports the hand path that advocated a near perfect vertical forearm at/near 'bat lag'. I haven't been able to find a single game-swing that supports that notion.

Bat20Lag-1.jpg

at or near bat leg!!! hmmmmmmm
getting old yet?

Straightleg

SL, IMO Bonds is at 'bat lag' in the swing clip below.

25sbfja.jpg

'Bat lag', and the 'RVP Connection Point' position, are not the same positions in the swing.

IMO, there should be a goal to have an upright pinched rear forearm-to-bicep when passing through the RVP connection point. I'd go further, and recommend that one have a tight pinched forearm-to-bicep at launch as well.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2009
I think you are confused.

Tim referred to "someone" as "her". I don't know this someone. I simply used the same word in responding to Tim ... the word being "her".

If Tim used "he", I would have responded with "he".

If you have a beef with it, then bring it up with Tim.

He said her, you said "her."

Huge difference.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
He said her, you said "her."

Huge difference.

CO ... it was unclear to me when Tim made his post who the 'her' was that he was referring to. Was it the 'her' in the demonstration, or was there some 'her' that couldn't get to the same position as the 'her' in the video? I wasn't sure. Reading some of his follow-up posts, I believe it is now more clear.

Any chance we can discuss hitting? You're welcome to refer to either a 'her' or 'him' or 'other' ... take your pick.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Abbygale ... I placed a photo on a different server and edited my prior post. Hopefully that will correct the issue.

p.s.
Thanks for getting back to me Abby and letting me know. There appears to be an issue with that server ... appreciate you bringing it to my attention.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck