The best revenge.................

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 19, 2008
My 13 y.o. DD played for a team for a few months, 2 and a half years ago (she was 11 then). I found out later that the team was all made up of girls that live in the same town going to the same school. They told my daughter she would never pitch on their team, let alone play (even though they took her as a pitcher). So, after the season we moved on. I had told my daughter the best way to get back at them was to beat them on the field. As adults, that sounds good, but probably not to an 11 year old girl.

Well, it took us until now (2 and half years later) to get to play them again, today in the USSSA 14U state tournament. My daughter pitched, and she and her team shut them out 7-0. They were the same girls and coaches that have been on that team for years, and our team is made up of girls from 3 different states.

Revenge? Maybe too strong of a word. But, it sure did feel pretty good.

One of the girls from the other team is pretty good friends with my daughter, and told her that in the after game meeting, their coach chewed the girls out and said "you just got your asses beat by her, and she isn't good enough to be on this team". What an a**hole!

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Nice.

in the after game meeting, their coach chewed the girls out and said "you just got your asses beat by her, and she isn't good enough to be on this team".

One more reason not to have after game meetings...

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Well, it took us until now (2 and half years later) to get to play them again, today in the USSSA 14U state tournament. My daughter pitched, and she and her team shut them out 7-0. They were the same girls and coaches that have been on that team for years, and our team is made up of girls from 3 different states.!

I'm not the team your referring to, but are you playing this 'USSSA State' in MS? I saw some pretty heated conversations yesterday. Just wondering.

Jun 16, 2010
Sounds like she was too good to be on that team to me.

Too many people in this world need a dose of humility. Congrats for doing your part to help the cause.

I always enjoy it when a cocky team or coach gets theirs handed to them, and they always do eventually. The best teams and coaches are often gracious, good winners, and good losers too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06