Thanks - She's breaking 50's in spite of me

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
With good form and control. Thanks to everybody for sharing your knowledge. Of course now her batting is really suffering as she seems to want to finish strong and tall.

She is ecstatic though.

Show it and throw it, just show it and throw it. :):):)

And again, thank you!!!

Now I'm concentrating on Howard's threads. :D

Apr 2, 2010
Abbygale, you made me laugh. My daughter went through the same thing this year. She started to consistently break the 50+ barrier, and her hitting went south. This site has been invaluable. Hang in there! :) :D

Jul 15, 2008
I don't understand the "show it and throw it"
The hand is small compared to the ball, so in many direction the ball can be shown
:confused:

Which thread should I read to read about show it and throw it?

Also, the search function of this forum is quite strange as it either gives results of too broad or no result at all :/
and you can't choose a specific forum to look for?

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
CnD- Need to get some , got the bruises on the leg and suffering "black toe syndrome". Need a face mask more than anything, but then again maybe I'll get some sense knocked into me. I sure wondered if my dd would ever get over the hump speedwise. This site is a godsend.

Remind- Don't know what thread but any post by Boardmember will keep you out of trouble. Recommend reading the "internal rotation" thread many times and learning how to throw the ball yourself. And keep at it. Whenever you get discouraged just go back through all of my whiny post's and you won't feel so alone.:eek:

So much shared knowledge on here. Thanks again to all you guys and gals.

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
One quick thing for others like me. Concentrate on the mechanics. Even when you see other girls gutting it out with bad form at a higher speed. Forget them. Have faith in those basic mechanics. It does work and you won't be limiting your child down the road.

And don't "waver" in your belief. :D :D:D (Man, I kill myself sometimes.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01