Texas a number 3 seed?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I'm not sure what clowns they've got making up the brackets, but they have pulled a great joke on the entire softball community.

Texas played extremely weak competition all through the year. When Texas finally started playing good competition, they folded like a lawn chair. Texas has lost 4 of its last 6 games.

I have no idea how Texas ended up as the number 3 seed.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Tennessee won the SEC, so they deserve a higher seed.

It is kind of funny...Tennessee is in the same bracket as Texas. I don't see Texas making the trip to Oklahoma this year. Either Louisiana-Lafayette will beat them, or Tennessee will beat them.

Apr 1, 2010
It irks the heck out of me. After the split with Texas, Missouri won out the last three games of its season, against Oklahoma State and Iowa State, and won the Big 12 Conference outright, while Texas capped its season by losing to Baylor. MU ends up seeded 5th with Texas still seeded 3rd?

Sigh. Texas is a big state with a lot of power, money and fans. So I don't think the seeding was never going to be completely fair. What WILL be fair is when (as sluggers says) La-Lafayette or Tennessee beats them. I'd prefer La, so that Tenn can have the home super regional they deserve IMO after winning the SEC.

Jan 25, 2011
But will Tennessee stop using shaved bats,go Michigan!!!!!!!!! just have to fire up those Tennessee fans.

Jul 28, 2008
I'm rooting for Missouri. Unfortunately, that will mean my Huskies won't make it. Missouri was my preseason pick and I'll stand by the long shot. I also want to see La Lafayette and Fordham make it. At least to the super regional.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2009
Tennessee won the SEC, so they deserve a higher seed.

It is kind of funny...Tennessee is in the same bracket as Texas. I don't see Texas making the trip to Oklahoma this year. Either Louisiana-Lafayette will beat them, or Tennessee will beat them.
TN is 14th. Maybe you are smarter than you think you are.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I don't believe the conference tournaments or head to head match ups had anything to do with the seeding. A local sports talk host pointed out the seeding was more a reflection of the teams' RPI. Tennessee swept GA @ GA and beat them in the tourney, and GA gets a six seed and a super regional... go figure. On the optimistic side, of the top four seeds I would rather have a chance to play TX as any of the other three.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
To the surprise of absolutely no one who follows college softball, Texas was eliminated today, going 1-2 in the regional. Unranked Houston beat them, and then Louisiana-Lafayette finished them off.

So much for the "Softball RPI".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand