Terrible human being

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
People need to stop being such sheep and speak up...call him out for the asshole he is.
Everyone is so gentile these days. I would have quietly told him that if he said another word I would be meeting him in the parking lot after the game.

May 20, 2015
or they are more concerned with setting a positive example for their players in how to deal with a situation such as this.......

i mean my first reaction would be to bark across the field lol.......but that's not a good idea in the situation.......

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
Unfortunately, guys like this think they're being a great coach by getting in the head an opposing 10YO player. They will find parents who think the same way and say things like "It's part of the game", "He's just really competitive", "If you can't handle it, get off the field". etc.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Unfortunately, guys like this think they're being a great coach by getting in the head an opposing 10YO player. They will find parents who think the same way and say things like "It's part of the game", "He's just really competitive", "If you can't handle it, get off the field". etc.
I hear ya. Normally there is no way to reason with those type of personalities, so I will ignore them or mock them.

Feb 24, 2021
Really appreciate everyone's comments, just so it's clear.... Yes he was reported to the president of the league who reached out to his local team president. I guess some people never learn, I came to fins out that 2 years ago he was thrown out of coaching an 8U team for similar reasons and for some reason i can't figure out they let him back in! I am not going to let this be swept under the carpet believe me, I will do whatever it takes to keep this POS away from coaching any type of team! For the record, it took every ounce of energy and will power not to drag him off the field and give him the beating that he so deserved but the most important thing to me and always will be is the example that i set for all of the girls on the field, and like i told the 2 girls that were directly effected by his actions. Pitching isn't easy or every girl would be doing it, there are always going to be good days and bad days. The good days are easy, it's how you respond to the bad ones that makes them the great players they are.

Aug 14, 2015
I once had an assistant coach that flipped out on his own daughter.... I gave him two weeks off. There’s never a good reason to yell at someone you coach. Yelling over crowd noise (or dugout chatter) is not the same as directing anger at a child.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles