Terrible human being

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
so you have reported this to the League Board and whatever governing body the league may use (our rec league, for example, is a USA league)?
This is the right answer. While I would have a hard time not getting in his face on the field, ultimately it wouldn't do anything to improve the situation for the kids.

May 23, 2015
This behavior is tolerated entirely too much.
The coach needs to be removed. No warning. No excuses. Pack your gear, hit the road and don't even think about coming back.

Someone told me long ago that as an adult involved with youth sports your first responsibility is the safety of the kids. Think that pretty much applies here.

Feb 1, 2021
10U? Lol. To me, the parents need to band together and realize how ridiculous that is. I would never advocate causing a scene because I think its immature, but for 10U kids, come on. How can a parent sit and think that is acceptable?

Not softball related but last winter we had an issue with my sons soccer coach. They had just been promoted to the 15U US National League and it was going to be a great opportunity for all the kids. The coach has always been extremely difficult, but we stuck with it. For some reason after they promotion, he went bat crap crazy thinking he was training a World Cup team. During a scrimmage game he was yelling and screaming at literally everyone and I had actually left the game because I was tired of listening to it. After the game, I was sitting in my car and my son came out and said the coach called him and a couple other kids names I would never say to anyone, even my enemy. Again, these are 14 year old kids who are used to taking crap from people.

Long story short, we walked away and gave up a great opportunity to play at the top level of youth soccer just so my kid could continue to enjoy the game he is passionate about. The club initially kept the coach and "downgraded" us to a 'second tier' team, but I have since heard the coach continued his a-hole ways and will be leaving at the end of the season.

Its not worth it. You don't have to accept it, so don't!

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Like many have said....report him to any governing body that you can. There is not place for this at 10u (or any level). It's unfortunate because many players and parents will be turned off from softball because of him.

Apr 26, 2019
We played against a similar coach DD's final year of rec during 10U. The guy would grab his players by the face masks of their batting helmet and scream at them, belittle the other team's pitcher the whole nine yards.

The parents apparently learned from him and thought it was acceptable behavior. If a girl on their team made an error they'd ride her from the bleachers. "How could you miss that?" "You cost us a run!"

Some girls that made all All Stars and were placed on his team flat out refused to play for him. It turned out, when the league was checking birth certificates for All Stars one of his players he submitted was too old to be playing 10U. He knew it. He just wanted her on his team because she was a good player.

Oct 4, 2018
so you have reported this to the League Board and whatever governing body the league may use (our rec league, for example, is a USA league)?

Yup.

At our local rec league, he wouldn't have lasted the game. The active board members on the scene would have removed him from his current post and banned him from ever coaching again (in this league).

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
" The ump finally gave him a warning about his behavior. "
Ump needs to step up earlier. Nip it in the bud early.
If the parent on his team accept his behavior well...... But if he talks directly and degrades to any of my players I am immediately making a scene. I think it is important to confront his behavior at first offense. Realize he is not going to calm down or chill out on his own.

May 20, 2015
coaches from other teams have no business talking to or especially at players on other teams......unless it is to tell them 'nice play' - at younger level rec games, i have at times found myself coaching players on other teams on occasion.....but we're a small league where everyone knows each other......talk like that to or about one of my players in a travel or school ball game? time out will be called, and one way or another it will be dealt with immediately, even if it means calling the AD or TD/UIC over......no excuse whatsover.......it's bad enough he treated his players like that (and I would be reporting that behavior to someone if he was my opponent, even if he did not address my players or talk about them)

i can be demanding....i can be loud.....i can hold players, coaches and myself accountable........but my god, if i ever talked like that, someone better step up and say something

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi