Team's Jerseys vs Players' Jerseys

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
Or you just plan on uniforms every year in your budget. If you have returning players and are going with the same uniform (and they don't need new ones) just deduct the uniform cost from their fees. The less you have to deal with the easier it will be when it ends.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Hi all.

Happened to find this forum the other day while surfing the Net at work, and I'm really impressed. Hoping to learn a lot here.

My question is this: What is the protocol for the girls keeping the jerseys at the end of the season vs the jerseys being team jerseys? I ask because another coach and I are splitting off from our current team (some girls have to move up and others we do not want to invite back). We'll be carrying about half of the girls from our current team and picking the rest up. We'd like to keep the cost to a minimum, so we'd like to reuse jerseys from this season and purchase extras to cover the new girls. Part of me says to just start over with a blank canvas and make it known up front that the jerseys are team jerseys and stay with the team after a player departs. I'm having a hard time with the idea of asking for jerseys back after this season because this was never brought up in the beginning when we formed this team in January.

I appreciate any insight you may offer.

If you are splitting off from an existing team then in neither scenario do the jerseys belong to you or your new team.
They either stay with the girls, or they go back to the original organization.

So either way you need new uniforms for next season.

Jun 20, 2012
We aren't splitting so much as we are moving on. If the other half of the girls were still going to play together, we'd start from scratch. A couple are moving up. One will not be playing at all. A couple of others are not going to be invited back. I'm for new jerseys, but bot myself and the other coach need to be in agreement. We see both sides, and want to be as fair as possible. I'm not so much worried about the girls currently on the team as much as I am setting up a protocol for moving forward so that this issue doesn't arise again.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
One of the benefits of the girls owning their unis, is that no one has to chase them down to get them back. Include black pants, which can be purchased off the shelf/on-line from mutlitple sources, and your cost is down to tops and sox. If your team will travel and do overnight tournaments, your parents will thank you if you go w/ 2 different tops so you don't have to do laundry on the road.

Jan 12, 2011
Vienna, VA
One of the benefits of the girls owning their unis, is that no one has to chase them down to get them back. Include black pants, which can be purchased off the shelf/on-line from mutlitple sources, and your cost is down to tops and sox. If your team will travel and do overnight tournaments, your parents will thank you if you go w/ 2 different tops so you don't have to do laundry on the road.

+1 to the dark colored pants. We have both white and navy pants and I hate washing the white ones.

Jul 1, 2010
In most TB organizations that I've seen the uniform belongs to the organization. Any personalized hoodies, t-shirts, etc stay with the player Not sure what DD would do with an old jersey.

Apr 14, 2011
On our team, our contract stipulates we have to return the uniform if we leave DURING the season - the idea being that a new player could use the uniform. At the end of the season, the uniform is yours to keep. It's not a problem for us, as we didn't plan on leaving the team at any point, however conceptually, it doesn't make sense. We paid a "uniform fee" at the beginning of the season for new uniforms - that tells me that I'm buying a uniform and therefore is mine to keep. Now that I'm sharing team admin responsibilities, I suggested that next year they just call it start-up fees or something else so that it doesn't seem like you're paying for the uniform...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy523