Team meals...what could go wrong? :)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
ON far away trips the team dinner was a lot of fun-but was always optional. Girls who travel without family were
my first priority to make sure they were fed if they chose not to go. Once per weekend is plenty though, mostly, I would
have 1 on 1 meals with DD. These were times we will cherish far longer than a team meal. We are best friends as a result
of a hectic travel schedule.

All this being said, we all learn to adapt as the kids get older, relax and change with the times. By no means should
any parent or player stress out about something as simple as a team meal.

Nov 18, 2013
Indiana
When possible, I will check to see if there is a Buffalo Wild Wings in the town where we will be playing. Then I call ahead to set it up as a fundraising dinner. We're all going to go out to eat anyway, so we might as well get some $ back to the team from it!

That is smart. I think I will do that.

Jan 27, 2014
We don't have this issue, we're all pretty friendly. There's always one negative parent but we usually ignore all that.

Aug 13, 2013
Sayville
I have found that at 18U they rather go to eat by themselves. The last away tournament this fall they all planned to go to eat after they got back to the hotel on Saturday. Some parents then met in the hotel bar later! The players were happy and the parents were happy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1