TCB = Damage Composite Bats ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 2, 2013
Will or have the TCB (Total Control Balls) Damage these Composite bats being used in softball? . Has anybody had any experience good or Bad ? . I have a dozen baseball size balls that I would like to use on Composite Softball Bats . Thanks Grady

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I've also used them for the last three years and have had no issues whatsoever. However, I remember seeing once upon a time on the TCB site that they don't recommend hitting more than 10-12 in a row without a few minutes break. I don't remember if it was to give the bat a rest or the player.

Oct 25, 2009
That was for the player's relief.

The only issue I see with hitting the weighted balls is jointed bats. I've never seen one break, but I'm wondering about the wear and tear on the joint.

Dec 11, 2010
Three years of hitting TCB's has not damaged Rockettech's, CF5's, a Xeno (Whew that bat got hot), an Easton SRV4B, ( Smokin' hot bat!), or a Catalyst. We hit them a lot. I have 3 dozen of them.

Don't know why this keeps coming up. The rumor that they damage bats is baloney.

I do not recommend TCB's unless you want your daughter to look really cool hitting the ball hard.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2009
There's a thread under Softball Discussions about getting them for $60 a dozen. That's much better than the $100+ I paid.

They are a great tool. So are the whiffles.

Dec 7, 2011
Three years of hitting TCB's has not damaged Rockettech's, CF5's, a Xeno (Whew that bat got hot), an Easton SRV4B, ( Smokin' hot bat!), or a Catalyst. We hit them a lot. I have 3 dozen of them.

Don't know why this keeps coming up. The rumor that they damage bats is baloney.

I do not recommend TCB's unless you want your daughter to look really cool hitting the ball hard.

Work for a company called TCS ?
;-)

Apr 1, 2010
TCBs are great and I highly recommend them. DD hit them for years before there was ever a problem...

However, my DD did break a one piece orange and white drop 10 454 composite while hitting the regular size TCBs during front toss warmups. She had previously broken a one piece orange and white drop 10 454 hitting regular softballs during soft toss warmups. It might be the TCBs or it might be her? LOL

She just got a new 454 drop 9 two-piece. So far, I've only had her hitting ordinary softballs and the TCB hole balls with it.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
I wish! At least I wish I could make a living handling cool softball stuff.

I thought that line was catchy tho if I say so myself!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01