TB vs. High School

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
I see ur from the northwest. If you're in Washington, there are no.restrictions for playing TB.

We are not in Washington. It is not allowed in our state-written in the state rules that playing for another team during the HS season makes a player ineligible.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2013
Playing softball for travel and HS teams simultaneously is allowed in MN, but there's a proposal to the State HS League to ban it. Sounds like it'll pass unfortunately. It makes no sense because the 16U/18U club teams shut down during HS season except for training. A few 14U teams play, but I've always seen the travel coaches respect HS and they don't play girls without permission or burn out a pitcher if she has HS games coming up.

I thnk it's more about control and ego's than money, but I could be wrong.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest

My interpretation of the rule is that it is truly about leveling the playing field a little. Players (like my DD) who play softball 11 months out of the year already have an advantage over those that those that don't. I think the rule's intent is to not allow some HS players to get extra practice/playing time during the season. I really don't believe that it is any more sinister than that. I just wish that there were universal rules for all the states though. With our weather we are already at a disadvantage compared to southern states.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Playing softball for travel and HS teams simultaneously is allowed in MN, but there's a proposal to the State HS League to ban it. Sounds like it'll pass unfortunately. It makes no sense because the 16U/18U club teams shut down during HS season except for training. A few 14U teams play, but I've always seen the travel coaches respect HS and they don't play girls without permission or burn out a pitcher if she has HS games coming up.

Unfortunately you have TB coaches who do not respect the HS teams and do what ever the heck they want. Just like you have some jackasses coaching in HS. Its unfortunate but the girls get caught in the middle and are the ones who wind up hurt, or cut from a team for reasons out of her control.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
In Wisconsin they can practice, but no games.
The HS coach for my kids' HS had a great relationship with the HC of DD 1's old TB team. Now the TB team is gone, the old HC is an assistant coach at that HS.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi