Taryn Alvelo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 3, 2018
I like her as well. I find it odd, although at this point I shouldn't, that nobody seemed to comment on her passion in the circle the way they commented about Show's passion at the plate. She was outright screaming and fist pumping after every one of those 16 strikeouts. She was in the moment. She was loving that moment. It was great. Just thought I'd point out the double standard between batters and pitchers and their displays of emotion. You know, because social media is not the platform to just agree with one another on everything. :D

Dec 11, 2010
Her ratio of strikes to balls against a great hitting team was amazing. What a game she pitched.

Mar 13, 2010
Chevy in the post game press conference when she was asked about bat flips and so on, she made that exact point. That women should be allowed to be passionate about their sport and asked what the difference between a bat flip and Kaija Gibson screaming after her diving catch.

Passion is wonderful and that it’s great for women to show it.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
Chevy in the post game press conference when she was asked about bat flips and so on, she made that exact point. That women should be allowed to be passionate about their sport and asked what the difference between a bat flip and Kaija Gibson screaming after her diving catch.

Passion is wonderful and that it’s great for women to show it.
Could not agree more. To me, this is one of the things that makes softball a more enjoyable game than baseball--it has a more joyful culture, where girls and young women can celebrate their accomplishments and those of their teammates without "showing up" the other team and having to worry about getting beaned on their next AB because of some unwritten rule. If the pitcher gets you in a big spot and pumps her fist, who cares. She got you. Should have had a better swing. Likewise, if the batter jacks a homer in a big spot and flips her bat, who cares. She got you. Should have thrown a better pitch. Next batter.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
I neglected to say that, yes, Alvelo was amazing last night. I couldn't really believe what I was seeing. She carved Ok St up. Combo of velocity, command, and movement was off the charts last night. She gave up one hard hit ball and her OFer made sure it didn't hurt them (that was a great play).

Jul 14, 2018
That Saturday night game followed by Garcia's gem on Sunday was two of the best games I've ever seen in just over a 12-hour period. What a clinic they both put on, great softball!

Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
Going to miss watching her play for Washington. I’m hoping she stays around here and continues to work with the local kids like she did all last fall and winter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves