Tanner tees - looking for feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010

This will solve your dilemma! They're 10% off right now which puts it at $126.00.

Tanners are excellent tees, industry standard, we used these Jugs tees our last two years of travel ball, they're just as good in my opinion!
Those are VERY nice. its what I would buy if I didn’t already have a flock of Tanners.

May 21, 2014
The Jugs tee is so awesome.

Maybe I'm crazy, but we rarely, if ever, take off the short adapter. If you can't hit knee high then what are you planning on waiting for? Waist high mistake pitch? It drives me nuts watching girls hit on FB and every one of them seems to be hitting off a tee that's at their belly button.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
ETA: To make any Tanner taller you can go to any plumbing section and buy a piece of pipe called a threaded stem (I think) and a threaded connector. Think its 1" steel pipe. The stems come in a variety of lengths.

This is exactly what I did. I bought the short version, and picked up a short piece of pipe ("nipple" is the piping industry term) and a coupling. It's standard 1" galvanized steel pipe, and available in any small or large hardware store.

I bought my Tanner tee when my was 10U (maybe 12U). DD is 15 now. I've used the added length section once.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Maybe I'm crazy, but we rarely, if ever, take off the short adapter. If you can't hit knee high then what are you planning on waiting for? Waist high mistake pitch? It drives me nuts watching girls hit on FB and every one of them seems to be hitting off a tee that's at their belly button.

Because its better to drive it when its up higher...the wow effect :)

Curious...I wonder if a company makes all these tees for these companies. Marucci has a T that looks just
like the Tanner and the Jugs. I know one company makes bat bags for multiple manufacturers...wonder
if the Tees are the same way.

Feb 14, 2020
Looking to invest some of my stimulus...looking at Tanner Heavy. My question for those of you that have them is...which one? Youth or Adult? Seems like the Adult doesn’t go low enough (26-43”) and the youth (20-32”) doesn’t go high enough. DD is 5-6” FWIW. Any thoughts appreciated.
I would consider Rukket tees. Lifetime warranty. There are always broken tees at our training facility including Tanner.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I hear ya'... but in 6 months she will growth spurt up to 5'8", and you will wonder why you bought the short.... LOL

I Just get a 5 gallon bucket, turn it upside down and set my short Tanners on top when I have more than 2 hitters for my standards. For traveling to tournaments, I purchased several of these.

They're compact, lightweight (compared to the Tanner Heavies), easy to set up and very durable. Plus, if you sign up for their emails, you get 20% off and often times they are on sale for $64-69 taking the total cost down even further. I think I bought my 2 for somewhere around $43 apiece.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
I bought my Tanner tee when my was 10U (maybe 12U). DD is 15 now. I've used the added length section once.
That roughly corresponds to my numbers too!

The bad thing about the Tanner Heavies is portability. With the regular base I just keep a 10# Olympic plate on the base here at home but when I throw it in my bow net bag I just use the normal base which is fine.

Oct 4, 2018
I have very tall daughters and bought the standard Tanner tee.

Lowest it goes is mid-thigh on the shorter girl, and that's where we do most of our tee work. I should have gotten the shorter tee.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie