Tanner tees - looking for feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2017
Looking to invest some of my stimulus...looking at Tanner Heavy. My question for those of you that have them is...which one? Youth or Adult? Seems like the Adult doesn’t go low enough (26-43”) and the youth (20-32”) doesn’t go high enough. DD is 5-6” FWIW. Any thoughts appreciated.

Last edited:
May 16, 2016
5'6"? Go with the Adult (Actually called Standard). The youth version is called the "Short". I have a Tanner Tee Original, Standard size 26-32" and it has worked well with my DD's 12u team.

Feb 15, 2017
Excellent, thank you. Seems like the lowest setting is above her knee level and we do try to work down and out of the zone (2strike counts).

Dec 11, 2010
Get Both!

I usually resolve my internal conflict the most expensive way possible.

ETA: To make any Tanner taller you can go to any plumbing section and buy a piece of pipe called a threaded stem (I think) and a threaded connector. Think its 1" steel pipe. The stems come in a variety of lengths.

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
I knew I had read this before and I had to dig for it, but I wanted to make sure I gave credit. You can buy the short tee and use a short piece of water pipe and a coupling to extend it up. You can save money with only 1 tee that way.

Feb 15, 2017
I knew I had read this before and I had to dig for it, but I wanted to make sure I gave credit. You can buy the short tee and use a short piece of water pipe and a coupling to extend it up. You can save money with only 1 tee that way.

Thank you. My keyword search didn’t show this thread for some reason. Exactly what I needed. I think this option would be the best. Although as WW suggests to buy both - according to DW that’s the one thing I am good at - justifying softball purchases!!

Feb 15, 2017
Much much easier when I go to the hardware store to buy something like weed eater string etc to grab a pipe and coupler and slip it under her nose. I have alot of homemade softball stuff that was only marginally cheaper that I would have paid for it but chose that route to avoid the h3ll I would have caught from DW. Getting wiser....Ha!

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
Thank you. My keyword search didn’t show this thread for some reason. Exactly what I needed. I think this option would be the best. Although as WW suggests to buy both - according to DW that’s the one thing I am good at - justifying softball purchases!!
Go for both tall and short. You can always use an extra tee. You can do inside outside drill....invite friends...find one when the DD doesn't put one back where it belongs. The possibilities are endless.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina

This will solve your dilemma! They're 10% off right now which puts it at $126.00.

Tanners are excellent tees, industry standard, we used these Jugs tees our last two years of travel ball, they're just as good in my opinion!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs