Take a moment today......

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
638e6cbb9b2893a41f47539d1b12ceec.jpg
[/IMG]

Be sure and take a moment today to remember our fellow Americans who lost their lives or lives of loved ones on this tragic day. Take the time to kiss your babies every morning no matter if they are 8 months or 18 years old. Life can end in an instant.

Apr 6, 2012
That day was the day that my family started saying "I Love you" to each other EVERY SINGLE DAY or every time we talk now that they are grown up. I will never forget the people who lost their lives and the firemen and first responders who were there to save others. Many of them lost their lives in the service of others.

Jan 25, 2011
I remember the profound silence, that night after this tragedy. I live out in the country, away from the lights and noise and remember the empty sky that night, only the stars. As if all those stars were there to remind me of the great loss that early morning.

I can't say that since then I have heard such silence or such a sky so full of stars. It does to this day reminds me of how what short time I have here on earth. What others have sacrificed for my small and insignificant life and that I should love and hold my family near to my heart everyday.

The day after that, September 12 was warm with a brilliantly blue sky here in East Tennessee. My Dad and I finished baling hay that day (I had the day off from my paying job) there was not a cloud in the sky, and not a single contrail from a jet overhead. All the aircraft had been grounded and everything seemed eerily quiet. It was as if countryside and the mountains around us were in some sort of quiet contemplation.
In the years since, I lost my Dad to a stroke and lung cancer, but I often think of that day. A day when we worked the land that had been in the family for two hundred years, but reminded us that we are only here a little while.
I think of all of the days of fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, dads and daughters that will never be because of that tragedy.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
I still remember what I was doing when I first heard the news. The rest of what went on that day is a blur, but it is still crystal clear in my mind the moment a nurse ran into my operating room and told us a plane crashed into the WTC. One of those terrible, unforgettable moments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes