Tagging Up

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2008
Or a player on 2B is not automatically advancing ... or when the 3B throws to 1B.

I agree with your theme of aggressiveness and always looking to take multiple bases but with a runner at 2B and F5 throwing to first, shouldn't F6 have 3B covered for the return throw for an out if F5 does a decent look back?

R

RayR

I agree with your theme of aggressiveness and always looking to take multiple bases but with a runner at 2B and F5 throwing to first, shouldn't F6 have 3B covered for the return throw for an out if F5 does a decent look back?

Mark, I can tell you that WE teach that and have the 2B break to 2B hard to sell it, but knowing this and being aggressive should still not prevent you to advance unless your runner is extremely slow. The lead off the bag at 2B should be far enough off to get you to 3B as F5 is in the act of throwing to 1B.

On the flip side we do work on faking a throw to 1B and trying to hang up the runner if R2 is an important run. But, there are so many factors in the game to determine if the risk if worth not getting a sure out at 1B.

For clarification, this is HS ball I am talking about.

Ray

Oct 8, 2008
Long Island, NY
Tagging up

I agree with everyone here, I also encourage aggressive base running and if the player happens to be thrown out on a good relay, tip your hat to the defense but encourage the base runners. Another thing I do as the 3rd base coach when there is a runner on second. After every pitch I'm reminding the girl the situation but also re-enforcing "Your scoring on a hit, I'm only here to stop you"

Now if Marc D's Softball DVD's work like I hope for me, my team should be a little faster by the time the season starts and the baserunning should be easier. You got a love a fast team.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying