Switch hitting help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
You'll thank me later. There is no need for a switch hitter in softball. Pick a side and be the best hitter.
Not trying to be mean. Just have seen a couple of softball games.

Mar 28, 2020
You'll thank me later. There is no need for a switch hitter in softball. Pick a side and be the best hitter.
Not trying to be mean. Just have seen a couple of softball games.

Fair enough, fair enough. Appreciate your perspective, thanks!

Feb 25, 2018
I can make a case that hitting lefty has made my daughter a better hitter from the right side. Unfortunately, I don't have a time machine to go back in time to have her try hitting righty only. 😎

Jun 8, 2016
Not necessarily. Just because there's not a lot of switch hitting in fastpitch, doesn't mean it can't be done well.
There is a reason it is done in baseball and that reason isn't really present in softball. Like I said, the only time I could see it being useful if you had a kid who can run so she slaps from the LH side but hits with a lot of power from the RH side. That said, the way that the game of softball is trening I don't see a lot of coaches choosing the LH slapping version of that hitter very often.

Feb 25, 2018
That a softball switch hitter is for power from the right, slapping from the left. It's "a" way to use a switch hitter, not necessarily "the only" way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13