Switch hitting daughter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

The 185 foot fence is our school little league field. The travel team she plays with plays on much larger fields of course. Never thought to video tape it. She hits the ball and has a good batting average during LL and during the travel season. She plays for a well known travel ball team.

Jun 20, 2008
IMO if you can hit the ball over the fence from the left side there is no reason to ever bat from the right side again, If what you are saying is true and she is just as good from the left make the switch and don't look back...

Apr 9, 2012
The attribute to switch hit alone shows ability. Having a skill you master along with a few you can utilize in key situations makes you a versatile and sought after player.

What does she want to do? What skills/side does she feel more confident in? Can she see the ball as well or better on either side?

In the end her confidence in a skill will be the reason its successful.

I look to switch hitters at 10u based on ability to grasp mechanics and self correct. I switch older girls based on exceptional abilities like speed, first step quickness, contact vs power etc. If a righty is cranking 210 foot shots I leave it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA