Swinging down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I know they are just demonstrating their ideas here about "Launch Angle" and lifting the ball, but nobody is advocating what he demonstrates at 22 sec mark.

They needed to do a better job of maintaining the hand pivot.. Pedro correctly called out the holes in the pattern. AJ struggled with the slider away as well as pitches up in the zone for most of the year after being exposed.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
They needed to do a better job of maintaining the hand pivot.. Pedro correctly called out the holes in the pattern. AJ struggled with the slider away as well as pitches up in the zone for most of the year after being exposed.
The Last I heard he has improved some on that front. Still not Very good, but Improved. And If they are off the plate, should he chase those?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
By Inside/Out are you referring to the classic hands inside the ball type of swing (Derek Jeter comes to mind) or something different?

No, I am referring to the turn down behind you.. The turn down behind plays (suckers you) into sliders down and away.

Oct 2, 2017
No, I am referring to the turn down behind you.. The turn down behind plays (suckers you) into sliders down and away.
So you mean the out from. Forget the snap and tilt in the heading. I'm only concerned with his approach.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
So you mean the out from. Forget the snap and tilt in the heading. I'm only concerned with his approach.

Middle out is a great approach !! Should be part of everyones hitting plan. Especially early in the count or when behind.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA