Swing Plane Issues I think ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I don't know why we are still on this. I teach hands back as well. Look at the game clip I posted. There are no disagreements here. But keeping your hands back in space is not an absolute. I provided video. You guys show me Bonds. I don't know why you use Bonds as a model anyway. He was only relevant after he 'cheated'.The extras helped him, not his swing guys. Before that he was chipper with more speed.

If I am wrong about spatial awareness of the hands . Prove it. I provided video. Heck even in the LC clip her hands came forward WITH HER BODY. I would like to learn. Not be told to eat my veggies. We are debating?

Show me that same red line stretch in the trout clip please. Or LC. Or BB. Thanks.

PS . Someone should start an absolutes thread. That would be a good one .

Jun 8, 2016
I don't know why we are still on this.

"So here's an update of DDs progress.

Thanks for any input .

https://youtu.be/-0oq1tirnlk"

Nobody is saying to keep your hands back in space.

Mookie moves his hands forward.

Also, Bonds had around 400 HR before he started using PEDs (if you asume he started right around when McGwire and Sosa went off)..not exactly what I would call a chipper.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I believe post 59 says it. Everyone agreed . Now your saying that's not what you said.

The hands are coming forward with her forward move. When she starts her hands . They direct the knob and go . I've said it happens because of her forward move. Then you show me LC . Bonds...I show you trout , Bell doing the same thing. Nobody refuted. They just said they agree . So that's why I said why are we still on this . So please tell me WHY you all agree with post 59 if now you say 'yeah the hands come forward'.

Am I missing a secret stretch somewhere? Haha. Huddle up and get back to me. It seems like there is mass confusion amongst the people.

Ps I'm in a hurry . Forgive my negligence.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
tumblr_p667rr8PiJ1usf292o1_250.gif

Your DD's hands go forward with her body and stay forward. Very little stretch or separation.
FThomas_95ASG_HR_side.gif

Franks hands go forward with his body then he late stretches and separates. Hoping you see what I'M saying and seeing.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
I believe post 59 says it. Everyone agreed . Now your saying that's not what you said.

The hands are coming forward with her forward move. When she starts her hands . They direct the knob and go . I've said it happens because of her forward move. Then you show me LC . Bonds...I show you trout , Bell doing the same thing. Nobody refuted. They just said they agree . So that's why I said why are we still on this . So please tell me WHY you all agree with post 59 if now you say 'yeah the hands come forward'.

Am I missing a secret stretch somewhere? Haha. Huddle up and get back to me. It seems like there is mass confusion amongst the people.

Ps I'm in a hurry . Forgive my negligence.

I never said the hands couldn't move forward in space. As I said, and others have said, one important checkpoint is if you draw a line between the hands and the rear hip it should lengthen before launch. That can happen even if the hands move forward in space. Look at the Thomas clip rdbass just posted. Focus on the RELATIVE movement of the hands and rear hip. It is less than what you see in Mookie but it is stil there. You could put a beach ball wedged between your DD's hands and hip and it wouldn't fall out as she moved forward.

Don't take this as me hating her swing. I don't, it looks pretty good. But like 99% of hitters out there it can be improved. If she develops a little bit of separation her power
would go up dramatically imo.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Ok. That stretch you speak of. Can you show me that in a hitter with a low elbow set? I do think DDs lowering of her center of gravity can get better. Is that what your speaking of?

no offense taken. It's swing mechanics .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi