Swing Mechanics

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
The D-II player didn't attend a school starting with a "B" with the initials M.R. was she?

Dec 11, 2010
Great posts. I love hearing about how girls playing at this level think about the game. There isn't enough of this kind of material on DFP, thank you to both you and Casey for sharing the experience.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Yes on the B, no on the initals. Dont want to mention names or schools, I dont have their parents permission.

Thanks
Gerry

Gerry, thanks and I understand. That is why I used initials. Have friends who's daughter is incoming freshman there and will play softball. M.R. is friend of DD and why I asked.

While i would like to start sewing also having difficulty picking a machine.Though i have sewed since middle school so allot of time i need a machine which is good for beginners.Anyone have a favorite or perhaps one they absolutely do not recommend?It also cannot be ridiculously expensive.

NTEP Commercial Scales

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
There more than one way to skin a cat!
Nice story. The big girl...at 180 pounds, at that size , I'd hope she was packing some power. I'm interested in the smaller girls who can hit for a ton consistently. Like Lauren Gibson or the skinny girl on the South Florida Bulls that bats 4th (she looks like she might be of asian decent)
They probably don't weigh 180 pounds combined, but both are swinging big sticks! What are their high level mechanics?
Thought I read Lauren Gibson was about 140??

Last edited: