Swing Feedback Older DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Less is more :{))

GBrett.gif

May 4, 2012
I will look at this. At the risk of just going through the motion, what is the hitter paying attention to during the drill?

Coiling the hip until rear leg unwinds it (BUT when she coils the hip (rear hip toward pitcher) from the position in the video - she will ride the coil Forward. Her COM will be changed by the drill which I believe everyone, even TDS, would agree is one of their problems. Instead of getting stuck back, she will be "between her legs" or "between her feet". Syncing the hands like is done in the video (when front knee comes up, she should do slight inward rotation of top arm (aka tip). As rear leg starts pulling, squeeze ball in back elbow and TURN the barrel to the ball. Cue that might help here is "turn the back of your top hand to the ball". Get their "arms" out of the swing. Focus on really doing nothing with upper until lower grabs. Make sense? If not, ask me some more questions.

When we do it, we prime the pump get a little rythymn so to speak - bring knee up, tip - a few times then go. We use a slightly deflated ball that is tacky or has grip. When placing ball in rear elbow I tell them to put your arm back there like you are putting it around you boyfriend. Then take your bottom hand and reach back there to grab bat

May 4, 2012
Observe the rear upper arm and elbow. Notice the preparatory movement late into to forward movement. This allows Brett to be 'sudden'.

While this may look different to some, it is still "forward as we prepare to throw" ...

2cd8sug.gif

Wasserman's water bottle drill is useful as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321