Swing Feedback Older DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
No, I try to use bits and pieces from both sides. I understand how to teach both swings. I teach a hybrid swing and work to each girls strengths. I know that a lot of college and pros are doing the same now. Depends on the hitters hands and bottom half to what I teach. My daughter has VERY fast hands, and a quick bottom half. Allows her to swing a heavy bat (-8 ) she has no negative move, loads and pull hands then hips, no step or slide, then fires the shoulders to finish. Love to teach hitting.

I would worry that the girl above Brooke is very long. As a former catcher who currently teaches catching with some success. I would pitcher her up or down and inside. BIG hole on the inside. Her long stride and load should not allow her to catch up to the pitching we see in the South, 60 -68 MPH screwballs running in on hands or curveballs that we start at her and break to the inside part of the plate, and good inside Rise ball I fear she would swing right through it. But if the pitcher misses she will hit a ton, and one of the principals I teach is hitters will only get 1 -2 pitches per game where good pitchers miss or make a mistake. These are the pitches good hitters drive. Love to see her with a nice quite, quick, explosive swing, short to long thru.

"Both sides" of what? "Both swings"?? I'm not quite sure what your reference to "both" is.

Per the previous discussion of Brooke's swing (linked in RDB's earlier post), she was way early on an off-speed pitch, and delayed her hands as a timing adjustment. She drilled it for a HR. I'm wondering if that delay of the hands is what you're seeing as a long swing.

Here's the swing without the pause that was added to highlight an earlier discussion point...
br1_zpsvapsrhp1.gif

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan