Swing down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Julray

You think your the only one who has tried to make the torso the engine and the legs the supporters? I tried it, it’s a dead end. It will only make your swing worse. Look at Sean Dixon’s swing. Then tell me the torso runs everything and the legs are just supporters.

If the legs are the supporters, then why does the back knee coming down and in always lead? 🤔
Obviously not, the pros do it every night... they are not trying, they are succeeding.
I've never said the legs are dead... Just a FYI.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Julray

You think your the only one who has tried to make the torso the engine and the legs the supporters? I tried it, it’s a dead end. It will only make your swing worse. Look at Sean Dixon’s swing. Then tell me the torso runs everything and the legs are just supporters.

If the legs are the supporters, then why does the back knee coming down and in always lead? 🤔

That’s spinning. every swing will have the belly button leading the turn.

1627002751716.gif

1627003077251.gif

Reactions: TDS
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Obviously not, the pros do it every night... they are not trying, they are succeeding.
I've never said the legs are dead... Just a FYI.

So do you believe the legs are only supporters, as in is the tail wagging the dog or is the dog wagging the tail?

Tell me how much you believe in the legs?

May 12, 2016
So do you believe the legs are only supporters, as in is the tail wagging the dog or is the dog wagging the tail?

Tell me how much you believe in the legs?
I have two I walk around on all day long, so I am firm believer in legs

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
W=W

At best the back knee moves down and in at the same time the BB turns.

Julray

What makes you think the back leg is used differently between between the the two theories? Only TDS, W=W and you think their different.

So let’s start over. I think both of these swings are on off speed pitches. I’ll post more of the swings as we discuss.

I know you think the torso/core is the driver and I once believed that too. I’m not saying the torso is not used, I just no longer believe in it the same as you.

So what is the launch position? We can start there.

I’m being serious now. I didn’t even call TDS as STD. lol👍
View attachment 23168
View attachment 23167

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Julray

Yea, this young girl has been through the FBC, ttb, stuff that you are now preaching.. She understands what the legs are used for.. So maybe Shawn you had no idea what you were looking for in regards to the job of the core.. She hasn't looked back and never worries or thinks about losing the coil etc.. Its crazy whats possible if you allow kids to be athletes at the correct time...

CB715nl.gif

GdwwqQT.gif

AlalH0c.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01