Swing down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Yea, this young girl has been through the FBC, ttb, stuff that you are now preaching.. She understands what the legs are used for.. So maybe Shawn you had no idea what you were looking for in regards to the job of the core.. She hasn't looked back and never worries or thinks about losing the coil etc..

CB715nl.gif

Anything can be overdone. Perhaps she wasn’t doing it correctly. I don’t like everything I see in people trying to TTB or over doing the back leg. So who is to say she was doing it correctly or if I was doing it correctly with the torso. I did focus on the torso for forever.

I do believe the torso is used. The spirals run from the toes to the head and out to the finger tips. The entire body is used as a whole.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Yea, this young girl has been through the FBC, ttb, stuff that you are now preaching.. She understands what the legs are used for.. So maybe Shawn you had no idea what you were looking for in regards to the job of the core.. She hasn't looked back and never worries or thinks about losing the coil etc.. Its crazy whats possible if you allow kids to be athletes at the correct time...

CB715nl.gif

GdwwqQT.gif

She is wide with the knees, that wouldn’t work well with a coil. Look at Pujols wide stance and narrow knees.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
She is wide with the knees, that wouldn’t work well with a coil. Look at Pujols wide stance and narrow knees.

The point is, the goal shouldn't be about coiling or how one coils but about being an athlete when it's called for, so that all resources are available to whip the barrel.

GdwwqQT.gif

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The point is, the goal shouldn't be about coiling or how one coils but about being an athlete when it's called for, so that all resources are available to whip the barrel.

GdwwqQT.gif

Is this the same girl? Depending on what she is trying to time, then no I don’t like the coil. The lowerbody shouldn’t start, stop and then restart.

If she is timing a pitching machine then the no stride that she doing is good without getting into the front toes so early.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
TDS.

I’m just starting with 4 kids, and they need direction. Being an athlete is one of my favorite saying. You would be surprised by the changes in movement when you tell them to be an athlete.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Is this the same girl? Depending on what she is trying to time, then no I don’t like the coil. The lowerbody shouldn’t start, stop and then restart.

If she is timing a pitching machine then the no stride that she doing is good without getting into the toes so early.

Same girl and yes its a machine.. She never stopped being an athlete but maybe thats not a check point for you.

GdwwqQT.gif

vNHlTGK.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
TDS.

I’m just starting with 4 kids, and they need direction. Being an athlete is one of my favorite saying. You would be surprised by the changes in movement when you tell them to be an athlete.

There you go !!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid