Swing down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
I seriously doubt they have any thought of core contractions either, but that doesn't mean they don't happen.
Sorry I know it wasn't directed at me, but core contractions is not something anybody would ever ever have to think about. It happens in all athletic movements running, jumping, swinging, throwing etc, all sports, hockey, tennis, soccer etc. TTB is something you would definitely need to think about, it's unique, it's forced, it's not natural at all. JMHO

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
If this is TTB...
View attachment 23145

Is this un-turning the barrel?
View attachment 23146

To me, it's both hitters using opposite methods(barrel tipping in different directions) to set direction and get to launch position. IMO, whether the barrel floats(in either direction) is style and timing. Otherwise Vladdy is getting a running start, Bo is going in reverse

Julray

Your just arguing to agrue.

Just looking at the Bo clip live, the back leg and hands clearly start before toe touch and before heel plant.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Sorry I know it wasn't directed at me, but core contractions is not something anybody would ever ever have to think about. It happens in all athletic movements running, jumping, swinging, throwing etc, all sports, hockey, tennis, soccer etc. TTB is something you would definitely need to think about, it's unique, it's forced, it's not natural at all.

Maybe based on your definition of TTB. I do not consider it forced.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
How the body moves into a leveraged position matters.. IOW's is one in the process of falling into both legs (leveraging) which utilizes the lead side of the body. Not the same as keeping the weight (majority) over the rear leg and trying to control the move out into a toe touch position using the rear leg hip.

2KTuQZA.gif

dN5sXbr.gif

Not leveraged

2oLHkUD.gif

Transition into leverage.

RW5PHnv.gif

Transition? Sounds like a position your passing through. Therefor not a position.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
So you just contract some core muscles and everything works itself out right?

So why does bonds and all the others who preach "down to" hit the ball on a line (not pound into the ground ) without trying to loop it behind the ball ?

yrDZtmK.gif

AkbYWxi.gif

May 21, 2018
Sorry I know it wasn't directed at me, but core contractions is not something anybody would ever ever have to think about. It happens in all athletic movements running, jumping, swinging, throwing etc, all sports, hockey, tennis, soccer etc. TTB is something you would definitely need to think about, it's unique, it's forced, it's not natural at all.
The swing itself is a forced movement. Everything you do is a forced movement. Once you get the feel for TTB, or whatever you want to call it, you no longer have to think about it. I've played drums for 40 years. I no longer think about most of what I do, but in the beginning I had to learn the movements. I couldn't just contract some muscles and hope it all worked out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207