Swing down?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
Worked off the tee yesterday and was getting good extension. The video that 5 put up of the golfer over rotating and not releasing the club was the explanation I gave her and it seemed to really help. I don't know if I explained it right, the shoulders slow down and the hands speed up throwing the top hand around the bottom hand. Thanks for the great advice. Mike

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
hands speed up throwing the top hand around the bottom hand.
I've used the cue
'Throw the top hand PAST the bottom hand'
Cabrera_hands_side.gif

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
I've used the cue
'Throw the top and PAST the bottom hand'

Good cue, now that I think of it. Would you say that's the difference between pulling and turning?

This also tells me why one-handed drills are limited and might even re-enforce pulling. Kinda like washing your hands. It's not what the hands do independently that matters, but how they work together.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Good cue, now that I think of it. Would you say that's the difference between pulling and turning?
Mig%20-%20OutFrom.jpg_zpsbcbv3d41.gif

The hands 'pulls' the barrel/bat to extension after the hands have 'turned the barrel towards the ball'.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
The bat would say the top is pushing, and bottom is pulling. But i think the hands are just hanging on so the bat does not fly into the field.(extension)

I do not like the front arm to fold over, or get under the front. i can put a pic up with time. 8 hours of hitting lessons today.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
The bat would say the top is pushing, and bottom is pulling. But i think the hands are just hanging on so the bat does not fly into the field.(extension)

I do not like the front arm to fold over, or get under the front. i can put a pic up with time. 8 hours of hitting lessons today.

What do you mean by not like the front arm to get under the front?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd