Friday check in matters 8/5/16.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 4, 2015
Massachusetts
3rd round of showcase tryouts at DD's current club. Hopefully offers will be made Sunday, it's been a little stressful.

DD's set on playing showcase even though she's eligible for another year of 14's. I'm supportive because I feel like she'll get pushed much harder by playing with girls who already have a year or two of showcase under their belts.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Heading to Galveston after work for the weekend, but have to drive DD1 to non softball Camp Sunday. Lots of driving for me.

Sep 4, 2015
Georgia
Last free weekend before school starts Monday :( Org. tryouts Sunday, but we're already on the team so for once a tryout will be fun instead of stressful!

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
All check ins matter.

Going to a couple of grad parties. Both are girls I coached when they were little. My DS will be in town so the whole family is catching a MLB game Saturday night.

Jan 14, 2013
Massachusetts
both DDs have season ending tournaments this weekend. another rock-paper-scissors battle with DW to see who goes where. oldest DD had tryouts all week. leaving her current team to join a showcase team. it's been a rough week.

Jun 11, 2012
Our team doesn't have tryouts until Monday so this weekend will be spent doing family things like seeing the cousins and letting DS pick something fun to do because he spends his summers watching his older sister play.
We plan on staying with the same team and are hoping to find a handful of players who are good and carry no drama with them.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
For the first time in 4 years my wife and I will celebrate our anniversary with no softball obligations of any kind. It seems like every year we at least have to go to tryouts or are sitting at a tourney part of the day.

Oct 10, 2014
Peach State
School started today for my kids. DH got home yesterday from deployment. Tomorrow will be a day to just spend time together. DD has org tryout on Sunday. First high school game of her senior season is Tuesday.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
This next year could be very good or very bad, or anywhere in between.

DD 3's team is in full implosion mode. She left another team for this team, partly because of the HC. The organization and the HC are parting ways, for reasons I won't go into. I won't publicly take sides. Some players won't be back, team will have a different HC, is all I know. No regrets about leaving the old team, this team was much better. Went from a high C to a high B team. In the first team, DD 3 was the star of the team. In the second team, she was one of several stars.

So, tryout season is coming up. DD 3 has a safe spot on her old team, was 13u will be 14u. Or, she she has a safe spot on a 16u team her friend's mother is coaching (she guested for both the 14u and 16u teams in that organization this summer, and did quite well). In both of these teams, she could carpool to practice when I am out of town.

Or, she could try out for a bigger name organization that would be a long drive, which is bad for me because I will spend about 1 week out of every month in San Francisco, so DD might not have a ride to practice, or else DW would have to make the long journey.

I was disappointed in this past season, I want next year to be a lot better.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse