Suggestions for 13" mitt for my 15 year old daughter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
My daughter is looking for a new fielding mitt. She has been using my old 13" Rawlings mitt for the last 5 years and I just don't know how much longer it is going to hold up (we have a great leather repairman who has repaired it for years). She plays Varsity High School ball (she is a freshman) and travel ball through the fall so her mitt gets a lot of use (when she isn't catching). Likes a softer feel, a quick break in time is important and likes a fastback model (she likes her index finger out). Any suggestions on a good quality glove? I appreciate the help!

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
My daughter is looking for a new fielding mitt. She has been using my old 13" Rawlings mitt for the last 5 years and I just don't know how much longer it is going to hold up (we have a great leather repairman who has repaired it for years). She plays Varsity High School ball (she is a freshman) and travel ball through the fall so her mitt gets a lot of use (when she isn't catching). Likes a softer feel, a quick break in time is important and likes a fastback model (she likes her index finger out). Any suggestions on a good quality glove? I appreciate the help!

Look at Nikona X2 Elite.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
13" is big for an infielders glove. You may want to let her try a 12.5" before you spend a lot of $$$ for a Nokona.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
DD uses an 11.5 Worth for infield work and has started using it in the outfield due to the lightness of the glove. She claims it allows her to run just a bit faster and she has better control of the lighter mitt when jumping or laying out for a catch. FWIW, there is a Nakona 12.5 that sits at home. Very nice glove but weighs considerably more than the Worth. Of course I know which one will last the longest all things being equal but they have to want to use it. I think the Nakona will end up being her mommy glove when she starts her own team.:cool:

I was checking out the mitts used by the Seton Hall infielders and was surprised that most of them looked about the size of little league baseball gloves. Lots of 11s and 11.25s.

Feb 26, 2012
Indiana
I would imagine this is for the outfield, correct?

A few of my outfielders are using the Wilson A2000 12.75" Superskin glove. It is softer than the Nokona and extremely light but is made of excellent leather that will last for years. After using this Wilson model, several have ditched Nokona, Rawlings and LS gloves.

14 year old DD shortstop uses a 12" Wilson A2k. Just bought a Wilson A2000 12" Superskin FP. The A2000 is a bit smaller and noticebly lighter. She likes both gloves very well. I think the A2000 12.5" Superskin FP would be a great all-purpose glove.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414