Stupid Things Coaches Say...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 11, 2012
DD is on a team with a coach who just doesn't know when to shut up so I thought I would start a thread to see if we could put together a list kind of like the thread "you know your DD plays travel softball when..." I have a ton from this coach but I'll start with his quote of the day:

We have to win games. We have to win tournaments. So pitchers, if you get 2 hits on you, I'm pulling you. There is no way I am going to let you lose games for us.

Jan 23, 2014
Sounds a lot like my 10dd coach. When she lets my dd pitch she tells her she is on a short leash and if she walks anyone she will be replaced. My dd is practicing great and stinking it up in games(comparatively). I wonder why?

May 6, 2014
Low and outside
Does "Just throw strikes" count?

DD's coach sometimes tells her to "just groove it in there." I know what he's trying to say, but it's not helpful.

DS used to have a coach who would tell his son, "you have to finish the pitch" and he would be standing there bent at the waist with his pitching hand between his knees, as if this was the correct arm path.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Throw strikes.
Isn't the goal either to throw a strike or fool the batter into thinking it's a strike and swing (still a strike)?

You have a team behind you to make the play.
It isn't likely the pitcher suddenly forgot that there are 7 other players standing behind her.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
What are you supposed to say to a pitcher who can't find the strike zone? Some of the stuff here is definitely clichéd, but sometimes "throw strikes" or "your defense has your back" is what pitchers need to hear to remind them that they don't have to do it all themselves out there.

Apr 11, 2012
Heading to a showcase...This is a big tournament and we have to win so I will only be playing those players who are going to help us win and I will play them in the positions I think they can help us win.

Players asking what they need to do to improve and earn more play time...Players are beginning to complain about playing time and where I am playing them. I do not want to hear it anymore. We have to win games and I will do whatever I think is best to win games. We are not developing players here. We are trying to win games.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1