Strike/Ball Ratiol

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
Is there anywhere you can see average stats at various ages? It'd be interesting to see how my 10U pitcher compares, just out of curiosity. I've been keeping score on iScore all year (though the first few tourneys I had no idea what I was doing, and those stats are likely meaningless for everyone).

Oct 29, 2014
My DD pitching coach measures a success by the number of pitches it takes to get out of an inning. 12 pitches is the goal. Teams will hit a lot of ground balls off her, but the defense has her back. Her best inning has been five pitches. The 12 pitch goal will cut down walks, stop them from trying strike everyone out. The pitcher needs to trust her defense, and they need to back her up.

Last edited:
May 18, 2009
My DD pitching coach measures a success by the number of pitches it takes to get out of an inning. 12 pitches is the goal. Teams will hit a lot of ground balls off her, but the defense has her back. Her best inning has been five pitches. The 12 pitch goal will cut down walks, stop them from trying strike everyone out. The pitcher needs to trust her defense, and they need to back her up.
Those are the best!

As far as first pitch strikes don't always throw a fastball as your lead off pitch. A CU, drop, or RB thrown as a strike can set the tone of disrupting the batters.

Jun 12, 2015

5 pitches, nice! I like this measure, it makes a lot of sense to use it.

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
I agree that it can be frustrating when your team is giving up a bunch of hits on bunts, swinging bunts, slaps and slow rollers...last weekend my DD had one ball leave the infield and gave up 7 hits.

That is EXACTLY my point...WHIP is great for baseball but gets lost a bit in translation with fastpitch...CP

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma