State Games...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
My dd (freshman, primary pitcher and shortstop) is trying out for State Games next weekend. Can anyone share with us what to expect? Thanks!

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I'm not sure if this is the same as your question. In TN we have a HS 'all state' team. Picked by some coaches committee ( no tryouts ) and usually it's of coarse the best the state has to offer. Then they go play other 'state' teams in Florida. I think it was in Orlando last year.

It may be done by region, so if you live in Cali, you might play in a state more west coast friendly.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I would expect incompetence and politics, followed by disappointment and disillusionment. But, that is just me.

Mr. Ray, always full of joy.

I don't know how this is going to work for softball, but can give you a baseball ' state' team perspective.

First it's a big honor to get picked, your making a team that was decided on using all the HS baseball players in your state.

Second is you get the opportunity to play with those high level players in your state that you might not meet other wise.

Third is you get to Travel to Florida and play against the best from other states.

Forth is it is like a super large college exposer tournament. Plus I have heard several minor league scouts are there too.

Fifth and etc...... is it's an opportunity of a lifetime, bragging rights, representing your home state, playing the game that you love, and looks great on a college or employment resume.

Go for it, if your DD doesn't like it this year, she can decline the nomination from now own.

May 7, 2008
Thank you for all for posting. I wasn't sure if it was something each state had or was something our state did. Going Deep, it sounds similar to what is in TN, but in this case they hold tryouts. The site is State Games of North Carolina :: NCAS . I know a player must be playing full time varsity. I heard that freshman's (playing full time varsity) have a seperate tryout. Sophmores another tryout, and juniors and seniors have another.

Ray, it has been said, "A cynic is just a man who found out when he was about ten that there wasn't any Santa Claus, and he's still upset." I feel a bit cynical about this one myself : )

Thanks, Going Deep...will let ya'll know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi