Spreading out the uh...poor hitters

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
Bring in a hitting coach or have open tryouts. It is nice to have
great girls who gel as a team. In order to win, you need 9 girls that can hit
the ball. Sorry to be the grim reaper, but as a realist.........

Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
Thanks everyone for the tips. I'll load it top heavy and pray for miracles at the bottom. We've done hitting clinics, had the h.s. varsity coach in, swing analysis, lots of close front fence toss and live pitching but some girls are still way behind against 55+.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Thanks everyone for the tips. I'll load it top heavy and pray for miracles at the bottom. We've done hitting clinics, had the h.s. varsity coach in, swing analysis, lots of close front fence toss and live pitching but some girls are still way behind against 55+.

Yes. That is just the way it goes sometimes. Thats why the bleachers are alway bigger than the dugout bench.

Sep 20, 2012
SE Ohio
Are these 3 hitters going to be with you in the Spring/Summer?

If so, bat them 1,2,3 to get them more reps. Nothing would help the team more in summer than to improve your weakest links now.

I'm not sure that an extra 10 at bats for the struggling girls over a season is going to significantly improve them. Better for both the team and the girls if instead of putting 3 struggling players at the top, that you invest extra one on one time in the cage where you can get them an extra 50 swings in a half hour instead of 50 swings over the course of the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00