Some questions for the Easton crowd.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Hey everyone,
My DD just turned 13 last month (Sept 2nd) and is finishing up 12U fall ball with her first new team
in 4 years. She is swinging a 31/21 Demarini CF6 with pretty good results, its a good bat. But we want
to try an Easton bat. According to my DW its more for me than my DD...

Just a few questions:

1) Purple Stealths, what is the difference between the SCN6B and the SSR3B? Different year models?
and which one do people prefer the most?

2) 1pc. Synergys, which do people prefer the most? the SRV4B or the SCN1B. The SRV4B definitely
looks like the easier bat to find. They're always on Ebay and sometimes at my local PIAS.

3) Closeouts bats has the 2014 FS2 on sale for $159.95. On their site it states that this bat is the
replacement for the SRV4B. Any opinions on this bat?

4) Or.......just get a Mako?

I should have said that I'm going to stick with a (-10) 31/21 bat for this upcoming Spring. My DD is
on the short side and a 31" bat is the perfect length for her right now. I do know that the weight
will change with a 21oz Easton. Everyone I've ever held was noticeably heavier than a 21oz CF6.
Thanks.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
1) These bats are different. While both are excellent choices the hotter of the two will be the 6B. However, the older Stealths, 4,5,6&7B's can be scrutinized by the umpires for their reputation. They develop wobbles, cracks and chips at the connection and can be tossed for this. The SSR bats have a different connection and are also very good bats.
2)Again, both are good bats, but the 1B will definitely get hotter than the SRV4B. Although harder to find, you should be able to score a nice 1B for around $200 in a 31".
3)Havent seen one of these fully broken in, but i would think as with all Eastons, they will get better with age.
4) Makos are also good bats. Just not sure if you'll get 3,000+ hits out of these yet.

My DD swings nothing but Eastons. Currently has a 31" 2B and a 32" 1B. My advise would be to buy used and put 500 daddy swings on it to get whichever model you choose to open up a bit. A lot of 31" Easton bats just don't get hit hard enough to reach their potential. I hit my DDs in every practice. The Synergies are indestructible! I'm about to put the 2B on the market, if you are interested, let me know.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
1) These bats are different. While both are excellent choices the hotter of the two will be the 6B. However, the older Stealths, 4,5,6&7B's can be scrutinized by the umpires for their reputation. They develop wobbles, cracks and chips at the connection and can be tossed for this. The SSR bats have a different connection and are also very good bats.
2)Again, both are good bats, but the 1B will definitely get hotter than the SRV4B. Although harder to find, you should be able to score a nice 1B for around $200 in a 31".
3)Havent seen one of these fully broken in, but i would think as with all Eastons, they will get better with age.
4) Makos are also good bats. Just not sure if you'll get 3,000+ hits out of these yet.

My DD swings nothing but Eastons. Currently has a 31" 2B and a 32" 1B. My advise would be to buy used and put 500 daddy swings on it to get whichever model you choose to open up a bit. A lot of 31" Easton bats just don't get hit hard enough to reach their potential. I hit my DDs in every practice. The Synergies are indestructible! I'm about to put the 2B on the market, if you are interested, let me know.

If you plan on playing USSSA games you will have to use a bat with the newer USSSA 1.20 stamp, which may not be found on older Eastons and other manufacturer's bats.

"A new bat standards went into effect January 1, 2014. This means that a bat must display the stamp to the right for it to be legal for use. Recall that this requirement was announced in 2011 in order to give everyone ample time to conform to the new standards. Effective January 1, 2014 all bats used for USSSA Fastpitch softball play must:

Have the new permanent1 USSSA Mark on its taper exactly as in the image to the right OR
Be a Wood Bat
ALL of the above must be manufactured by an approved USSSA Bat Licensee"

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
If you plan on playing USSSA games you will have to use a bat with the newer USSSA 1.20 stamp, which may not be found on older Eastons and other manufacturer's bats.

"A new bat standards went into effect January 1, 2014. This means that a bat must display the stamp to the right for it to be legal for use. Recall that this requirement was announced in 2011 in order to give everyone ample time to conform to the new standards. Effective January 1, 2014 all bats used for USSSA Fastpitch softball play must:

Have the new permanent1 USSSA Mark on its taper exactly as in the image to the right OR
Be a Wood Bat
ALL of the above must be manufactured by an approved USSSA Bat Licensee"

If you are playing USSSA, of the bats mentioned, I would suggest the SRV4B which can be found with the new stamp. I assumed you weren't playing USSSA by the options that were mentioned. USSSA is a nonfactor in my neck of the woods LOL!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
If you are playing USSSA, of the bats mentioned, I would suggest the SRV4B which can be found with the new stamp. I assumed you weren't playing USSSA by the options that were mentioned. USSSA is a nonfactor in my neck of the woods LOL!

Don't need the stamp, playing NSA & ASA only right now. Jdaddy, the SRV4B has been the bat highest on my list. Thanks guys.

Oct 10, 2011
DD has owned all of those bats except for the 6B. She likes the Mako the best but it doesn't last nearly as long (she's already had a warrantee replacement) The SRV4B is a great bat and I just saw 3 in a store close to my house. I'd choose the 1B over it, but it costs a lot more. My farthest hit ever was off a 2015 -9 Mako, followed by webbed up -10 Mako, an SRV5B, then Scn1b...

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2010
NJ
The local cage has a brand new Stealth 31" for sale. Could probably be had for 125-150. I could put them in touch with you if you are interested. pm me if so.

Nov 30, 2013
My DD is a 6' 170lb power hitter and put well over 3,000 hits on her Mako this past season with her travel team and working on her hitting with me (tee work & live pitching). The bat is still performing well like it did since day 1 when we took it out of the wrapper at the diamond.She hates when it gets below 60 and she has to use her FX2s as they don't have the pop her Mako gives her.She had an FS2 (31/21) and she did hit well with it 2 seasons ago,but she really likes how the 2 piece MAKO feels.

Jan 24, 2009
With the info that the OP provided (girl, 12u, swinginging cf6), and knowing a little bit about girls that age, the Mako is probably the clear choice.

Girls generally favor 'shiny and new and pretty.' Dad's tend to favor performance, though many Daddies also equate shiny/new/pretty to "just a little hotter than last years model that I have been the cheerleader/spokesperson for." Lol, that should be it's own thread.

I am making some assumptions here, but I'd bet that the OP is looking for performance while his DD probably likes what 12yu girls like. Hence, the Mako is the most likely out of all bats mentioned to make both Dad and DD happy.

My kid swings old school and it is something of a badge of honor for her. I could elaborate but shameless bragging is not my thing. ;)

Jan 24, 2009
Currently has a 31" 2B and a 32" 1B.

I like what you did there Jdad!

My advise would be to buy used and put 500 daddy swings on it to get whichever model you choose to open up a bit. A lot of 31" Easton bats just don't get hit hard enough to reach their potential. I hit my DDs in every practice. The Synergies are indestructible!.

^^somebody knows their s**t.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez