Some feel good moments from the weekend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 21, 2009
Playing in a 12U Rec only tournament... our All Star team didn't get enough girls to sign up, so we're lucky to have 10 players at the tournament. Two of the girls (sisters) are the type who like the game, but are still scared of the ball, generally balls hit to them hit in front and roll past them, etc. Hopefully you know what I'm talking about. 2nd game Saturday, a fly ball is hit to one of the sisters in LF. She puts her glove out and the ball falls right into it. She gets so excited for catching the ball, she starts jumping up and down with her arms in the air and a big smile on her face. Unfortunately it was only the 2nd out so us coaches had to yell at her to throw the ball in, but the look on her face was priceless!

My DD plays CF on this team (and is 2nd string pitcher). I can barely get a hug or any kind of show of affection out of her at HOME much less on the field in front of her teammates. So I settle for high fives. We're home team in the last game, up 8-3, 2 outs. Fly ball to DD. She makes the catch, and as the team comes off the field, BU calls "Game!". I put my arms out and DD JUMPS into my arms for a big hug!

Yes, we won the tournament, but these two incidences are what will stick in my mind for a long time.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
I love moments like that, that's what I think about when I'm hitting another bucket of balls of the tee and I'm so tired of doing tee work but catching fly balls and getting great hits make it all worth it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06