Softball Discussions and Civility

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Good post, Simo. As I've said before, I was also a member at the old Fastpitch Forum and found it very valuable. It was a sad day when it turned from a place of learning and collegiality to a place of animosity.

That is what drives what I do, why I sometimes spend hours culling through posts and either deleting them wholesale or editing the personal stuff out. Because when everyone posts in the spirit that Marc started this Forum, it really is an amazing place.

Hopefully those of you who like it the way it is will help us keep the trolls in check. If we make this a place where that kind of behavior is not accepted or condoned, not just by the moderators but by the membership at large, they'll move on to other places.

As I've stated many times, we don't have to agree. In fact, I tend to agree with William Wrigley, who said "If two men always agree one of them is unnecessary." But always, always, disagree with respect. As someone said earlier in this post, remember that there is a human being behind every name.

And thanks for the acknowledgement, Hitter. I'm proud to be associated with such a great resource.

May 7, 2008
Ken, btw, I LOVE the highlights which you send out by email. With the start of the season, we are on the fly! It is great to see a summary of the softball discussions which usually makes a visit to the boards irresistable. Thank you!

Angela

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Thanks, Angela! It's always interesting to poke around the Forum to see what new discussions are developing. Glad you find them worthwhile.