Softball Discussions and Civility

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
I'm relatively new to this forum (have been here since the start of softball season) and I'd hate to see this go under water. I've been involved in some great discussions. I'm part of other forums, but NONE are this active. I love this place being so active, I really wish for it to continue this way. I also wish I'd been here in the "glory days of the old", so to say.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Just to give you an idea of the stuff that went on that ruined eteamz, someone threated someone's DD. So, the dad fought back several times a day on his work computer. He almost lost his high paying job, after decades with the company.

Also, one of the most frequent posters was convicted of arranging to molest a child. He is still in a lovely AZ. prison.

I now live in the district where the guy was the HS coach.

But, the trolls were the death of that site.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
OK. I googled Gene P. and on the first page, one of the searches brings you right to this post. See if you can delete his name, we really don't want to attract him.

FastpitchFan

Softball fan
Feb 28, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Great Post Simo.

I started this forum almost 2 years ago in a few weeks with this exact vision in mind: A forum like the old Fastpitch Forum at its best before it went down the toilet.

I wanted a place for great discussions about this fabulous game where the passionates of this game exchange on a variety of topics and parents / coaches / players could ask questions and get great feedback, answers and contributions from people who have been around the block a little.

So far, it has be pretty good with a few bumps in the road but I have to say I am overall pretty happy of how successful the forum has become.

It is exactly what I envisioned 2 years ago.

Long life to DiscussFastpitch!

Coach Marc :)

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
After doing a clinic with Marc, Bill Hillhouse, Howard Kobota and Deb Hartwig, Marc invited me to post on this board.

I have found many boards just to be a social network of adult egos and have drifted away from them unless it is something I feel passionate about.

Many parents in today's environment are single parents, divorced or being raised by relatives and are trying to keep their kids safe and want to play the game of softball.

For some the game of softball is a joke itself and they will tell you if it is not baseball it is not the real game!

So the baseball guys come to the softball sites just to stir the proverbial pot and laugh while doing it on their site.

Ken has done a great job of policing this site and keeping the information flowing....Thanks Ken!

It makes me feel good when we are doing a clinic and some one comes up and introduces them self and thanks you for your advice and that it really worked just like you said it would!

It feels good to give back when I think of all the people who have helped me learn over the years and I am still learning!

Thanks Howard

B

Blind Squirrel

To whomever runs this site:

Please remove me, my registration, whatever, at your earliest convenience. I no longer have any interest. Thank you in advance.

John

Mar 22, 2010
To whomever runs this site:

Please remove me, my registration, whatever, at your earliest convenience. I no longer have any interest. Thank you in advance.

John

I am new to this site and really don't know what this thread is in reference to, but this post seemed odd and out of place?

I myself have become addicted to this site in the last few weeks. It gives me an outlet of discussing softball because I drive my family crazy with my constant talk of it.

Simo

Former High School Coach
May 26, 2008
Dunkerton Iowa
I am new to this site and really don't know what this thread is in reference to, but this post seemed odd and out of place?

I myself have become addicted to this site in the last few weeks. It gives me an outlet of discussing softball because I drive my family crazy with my constant talk of it.

Welcome to the site. You have the right attitude. Everyone has the freedom to either stay or leave. I guess the gentleman who asked to leave had a bad experience of some kind and wants to exercise his options. Why it was made public rather than just sending a private message is anyone's guess. I have confidence in the owner and moderators of this site that it will be objective and civil. There will be differnces of opinion and that is to be expected. More times than not, it stems from all the different ages and levels of play that are represented. What works for a Rec coach may fail miserably at the HS, TB, or college level and vice versa. Have fun and keep postinga and learning. We all do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619