Soft Ball is the greatest.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 13, 2010
I got to thinking about Soft ball and some interesting things come to mind. Think about other sports and this comes to mind:
MLB baseball. Steriods have tainted what was the ALL AMERICAN SPORT. This is sad indeed.
NFL Football: Here too drugs have been in the mix along with Money Money Money.
NBA basketball: Here Team play and winning used to rule, Not so now It's all about individual stats and sign as soon as posible to get out of school and make the big bucks.
Soccer: If you go to a game live as a fan you are risking your life. OH and Soccer is just plain boring.
Hockey: A wonderful place to watch boxing on ice.

Now lets look at Softball: The girls that play are there for the pure joy of playing as money has not yet ruined it. Because of this they play their heart out like in no other sport.

Steriods are not a factor because they want to stay looking like girls.
The girls that play are REAL girls Not runway models. Some are thin some are fat BUT they are All REAL girls nothing phony.

Pitching a softball is probably THE hardest thing in sports to learn so they have something that is lacking today Dedication.

There are many more but in closing Ill say this; Softball is still PURE as a sport can be today.
It has Stole my heart like I thought nothing could.
Your thoughts?;)

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Agree. Those memories make the long nights of practice, the sweat, the tears, the practicing when other events were going on, the annoyances of parents/teammates, etc. worth it.

Dec 4, 2009
Buffalo, NY
The best things about softball are the kids, the parents, the coaches, the umpires, the fields, the weather, the games, the tournaments and the other teams. The worst things about softball are the kids, the parents, the coaches, the umpires, the fields, the weather, the games, the tournaments and the other teams.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
"It has Stole my heart like I thought nothing could."

This statement reflects my feelings perfectly.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
The best things about softball are the kids, the parents, the coaches, the umpires, the fields, the weather, the games, the tournaments and the other teams. The worst things about softball are the kids, the parents, the coaches, the umpires, the fields, the weather, the games, the tournaments and the other teams.

Ain't that the truth. :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207