SMH

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 3, 2019
Fully 2nd year 12u team still playing B level.

Posting on Facebook about going 3-0 with 33-3 run differential in one tournament and going 6-0 with 59-12 run differential in the other—-competing against combo of 11o teams, mixed 12B teams and a 10u team playing up.

Thoughts?

Aug 1, 2019
MN

Posting on Facebook about going 3-0 with 33-3 run differential in one tournament and going 6-0 with 59-12 run differential in the other—-competing against combo of 11o teams, mixed 12B teams and a 10u team playing up.

Thoughts?
If they're not reconsidering their schedule, they're probably ordering a case of plastic brass trophy polish on Amazon because that's what matters to whoever's in charge of that team.
The trophies will probably get fewer and fewer as they progress in age, and they'll wonder what happened because they used to be soooo good.

Feb 24, 2021
Unfortunately it's probably the Head coach that NEEDS to have that feeling of winning above all else including the girls on the team who are the ones who will end up suffering in the end.

Jul 5, 2016

Thoughts?

Whoa. For a moment there, I thought you were talking about what Oklahoma did to Texas.

Jul 22, 2015

Thoughts?
That's fine to build confidence now and then, but it's time to face real competition. If a team isn't ever losing and beating teams up by that run differential then they aren't playing good enough compeition, especially if you're playing B level and there is every opportunity to move up.

Apr 7, 2018
If you have a kid on the team bring her back down to reality. Winning by those margins does nothing for development.
Whoever made the FB brag post would probably also put up posts about their kid hitting a home run and not mentioning it was in the park.

B level success is great for a "B" team. The team rolling others most likely not a true B team. Maybe not an "A" team either but what is best..? winning by 30 or losing by 8 in a competitive game....

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Back when I was coaching DD's 12U Summer All star team, they played 6 tourneys. Won the last 3 tourneys, won 2nd in a tourney that had some real TB team in it. Looking back, I wish I would have entered more open tourneys, but at the time I just thought we were just an All Star team not realizing that we were that good. I only made this realization, when DD joined her first real TB team and our All star team could have put a beat down on this team. I was just ignorant of the Travel scene and was comfortable entering All star C level tourneys. We were just lucky to keep a solid core group of girls together for 5 years.

Aug 3, 2019

Thoughts?
Even more amusing—While they registered B level with USSSA, they also registered for USA Softball at C level.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying