Sled training

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

stv

May 12, 2010
If you can get them to do it do it. I wanted mine to drive a football sled to help re enforce body lean and leg drive.

Jan 10, 2013
Maryland
I would assume it would be. We shared a facility in the early winter with a baseball team that used them as a part of their conditioning routine. Seemed to help with explosiveness. (They were using it in a lead-off to steal scenario.)

Is push/pull sled training a beneficial tool for softball training?

Carly

Pitching Coach
May 4, 2012
Pittsburgh
Yes! I work with a trainer who is really good at tailoring workouts to different sports and he does a lot of sled work with the softball players.

Apr 1, 2010
DD's team is doing twice weekly strength and agility workouts with a trainer. They quite often push a sled as part of their routine. One of DD's smaller teammates really struggled at first and has had noticeable improvement. It's harder to tell with DD, but I think she is pushing it more explosively. --Seems like it's a good thing.

Oct 25, 2009
Is push/pull sled training a beneficial tool for softball training?

Very beneficial!! And there are many variations to work various body parts. You can pull the sled with your body or pull the sled with your hands, i.e. Sideways, backwards, etc.

PS: It doesn't have to be a sled. It can be a tire (heavy or light), cinder blocks, sandbags, whatever.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06