slap hitting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
My DD has a teammate that kept dropping her hands batting righty. One of the fastest kids on the team. Coach turned her around to left - she doesn't have the same issue as the stronger hand is now pulling, not pushing the bat. This is at 2nd yr 14U. She hasn't batted anything but lefty since.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I have seen 1 player on DD’s Team bat righty once in 3 years, and this was a practice. Righty is her natural side, dad decided she was going to bat lefty playing softball. She is one of the few players DD has played with smaller then her, she is also a year younger then DD so she might catch up. She is not a very good hitter.

She looked and hit so much better the 1 time I saw her hitting righty. Wish dad would switch her back to her natural side, righty, for a couple months to see how she would do.

On the other side DD hits really well righty and we are switching to lefty this year.

Maybe because the game can be slow sometimes we like to fiddle with things.

Aug 29, 2011
Dallas, TX
cwestwg, perhaps you should ring Pat Harrison's bell a little for him and tell everyone where he is based out of. He sounds like a valuable asset!

Feb 9, 2011
cwestwg, perhaps you should ring Pat Harrison's bell a little for him and tell everyone where he is based out of. He sounds like a valuable asset!

I would gladly do that Pat is out of Little Rock, AR and owns Diamond Sports. He holds to many awards to list, but a few are 1968 Div 1 national Champion as a player, and 3 NCAA National Championships, 11 Division I League Championships and 16 All American Titles as a coach. He was also the hittting instructor for the LA Dodgers for several years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish