slap hitters speed?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2008
Good post Tim. I had 30 kids from 8 to 12 this weekend at a hitting camp. Both Tim and I work with young kids. If you work with young kids, you will understand you must be a teacher first to get your point across. I read some of these posts and wonder how many of you really work with kids, because you may sound great, but try it on a 10 year old. Heck I have high school age kids that I coach and instruct , that I have to keep it simple..

I think we can all agree the conversations among teachers will be more complex than between teacher and student.

The forum is also about teaching someone that asks a Question not blowing them away with facts, Stats. .

Agreed.

We should have a section for so called hitting guru's to debate all they want..

Wouldn't help. Little Carol's parental unit gets advice from you, me, Tom etc. If one of us disagrees can we in good conscience let them walk away with what we believe to be wrong advice? Probably not. A public board is often problematic for average dad when it comes to picking out good advice and a coherent program from among several different belief systems and approaches. It IS a good place to listen to discussions to figure out where you want to go for help.

I just feel sorry for the person that asked a ? that wants to teach little Carol how to correct something, without being a hitting expert.

Well it often isn't that simple. Carol's mom or dad often wants a tip to get Carol back to smacking the ball the way she did before she moved up a level and the pitchers got better. Little Carol's swing worked against lesser pitching but it will never ever work against better pitching no matter how many "tips" they get. Then they get a good tip, fix something and that screws up something else and they have no overall understanding of the goal and it goes to pot in a hurry and Carol starts thinking she can't trust Mom or Dad on hitting info anymore. Sometimes mom or dad really does need to get in there and grind through understanding this stuff if they want to help little Carol. Otherwise Carol might be better off on her own or with mom or dad paying someone to help. Course that brings up the question how does mom or dad decide which pro instructor to trust.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez