Should we start a PONY Platinum team?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

I am on the board of our current league that is affiliated with PONY, as of right now we are strictly rec.

Our All Star teams consistently do well sectional and regional champs and we even enter a few TB tourneys to prep for All Star and sometimes even play TB with our regular league team (I took my drafted team to a TB tourney went 1-3 just one month into practice two losses were by one or two runs).

I am not worried about our talent level being up to par, my biggest concern is having a rec track and platinum track under the same league banner and will it cause a lot of friction. The current plan is for Platinum/travel team to be completely self funded and to hold open try-outs twice a year once in August after All Stars in preparation for fall play and then again in February before rec player assessments.

I can see a lot of pitfalls but there would also be a lot of pluses since right now the competition level from 10u -14U is almost non existent, we had play interlock games with local teams from other close towns and our teams are always the top 2 or 3 teams in every division it is always just a competition amongst ourselves.

Just looking for maybe a couple success stories or horror stories so we go into this thing knowing what we are getting in to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole