She had to sit out

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 30, 2010
Artic Circle
Does the school have a "No school No Play" Policy? The district my daughter is in has the policy of where if you are not in school the day of the game for whatever reason you can not play in a game that day. So my question would be, did she miss the whole day of school?

If the policy is not there then I do not agree with what happened and the coach should be talked to by an administrator...

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I tried asking those questions, John. Mom said that players are excused for ortho appointments. I didn't keep prying. I told her that a judge requesting that he hear from the daughter, is no different than the coach needing to serve jury duty. It is not optional.

If a family member dies, I would hope you wouldn't be punished for missing a day of school.

I have e-mailed the young lady, through the mom, and told her that the system is broken at school. But, I said that she can pitch for anyone.

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
A lot of times, kids can be mortified that someone finds out about divorces and such and will give a different reason. Are you sure the coach knew the reason for missing?

And if he did, total azzbat.

Apr 11, 2012
Does the school have a "No school No Play" Policy? The district my daughter is in has the policy of where if you are not in school the day of the game for whatever reason you can not play in a game that day. So my question would be, did she miss the whole day of school?

That's the way it is in my DD's school district....and if you ain't there by 10:00am, Doctor's, Denist, Funerals, court, etc.... you can't play that day....period....

So maybe that's the case here....if not and just something the coach decided then he or she should be ashamed of themselves and publicly called out for it....

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
That's the way it is in my DD's school district....and if you ain't there by 10:00am, Doctor's, Denist, Funerals, court, etc.... you can't play that day....period....

So maybe that's the case here....if not and just something the coach decided then he or she should be ashamed of themselves and publicly called out for it....

Only problem with this is that in the OP it said she missed practice. Just being on the other side of the fence, did the girl not say anything to the coach prior, or was it sorry I missed yesterday coach, I was in court. We don't really know what happened or what conversations happened or didn't happen.

May 17, 2012
I am pretty sure my DD's middle school has a zero tolerance rule for the practice before a game. If you don't practice, you don't play, regardless of the reason.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Missing too much info. Coach could be anything from a total unsympathetic d-bag to a guy who is simply following rules he is required to follow.

Jun 11, 2013
I have no problem if it's a team rule that they know about. We always had a football rule that if you weren't at practice the day before you couldn't play. It's a lesson that everyone needs to learn. Of course she had to be in court, or it could have been a family emergency,etc. It's as much a reward to the other kids that do come to practice that they get to play. However, if they don't tell people the rules, they can't enforce them. The only positive I can say about the HC is that he was willing to sit his top pitcher which shows that the rules are evenly applied. Often that is not the case. A more common rule is "you will sit unless you are SS, P, or are hitting 600".

Apr 30, 2010
Artic Circle
Amy,

An hour or two is one thing but the whole day is covered in the participation rules here. I know that court did not take all day so maybe...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole