Seeking a practice bat for DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
11 and 12 yr olds breaking that many quality bats...holy crap... is she practicing on trees in the back yard?

Look up Coresoftball20..... he'll hook you up.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Sorry, no cheapies or NR bats in stock that light. But I guarantee I could have gave you a better deal for a CF8 than you got ;)

Btw, I have probably shipped more bats to Blaine, WA than there are people that live there...haha

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2012
Nah, she's not doing anything that crazy when it comes to practising. Not really sure what to say. I think, in general, we're doing things right in terms of having her using a non-game bat for practice & being careful about not using the good bats when its too cold. Im going to go with the whole "light bats are weaker" theory, for now (I don't buy it fully though, I saw somewhere that the bat drop doesnt actually affect the construction when it comes to composites & that weighting is added into teh handles anyway).

As for shipping to Blaine. Yeah, not really a surprise. It helps living close enough to be able to see the border from our house, well, that, and having NEXUS. I can usually be home with my dive bar tshirt of the month, two gallons of (cheap) milk, a brick of (tasty and ridiculously cheap) cheese, a six pack of (cheap and different) apple cider and a full tank of (cheap) gas in about 40 minutes. and thats including the nasty exchange rate.

Oct 10, 2011
Sorry, no cheapies or NR bats in stock that light. But I guarantee I could have gave you a better deal for a CF8 than you got ;)

Btw, I have probably shipped more bats to Blaine, WA than there are people that live there...haha
DD just told me it "feels" like her bat is ready to break... I wonder if that is a hint.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Consider moving up a bat size. You may also want to get a "beater bat" for BP. Old Rocketech's are pretty durable and inexpensive if you are not buying the super hot models.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors