SEC tournament pitching speeds

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I have been watching some of the SEC tournament games and the fastest pitches I have seen clocked so far are 68 MPH, including Jackie Traina last night. Will be interesting to see if these 68MPH pitches suddenly become 72MPH pitches in the WCWS! LOL

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2013
Since you watched the game did you see the player get hurt sliding head first into 2nd base? I think if she went feet first she would have taken the 2nd baseperson’s legs out from under them and might have been safe. Since she was going head first it was her that got hurt.

Any thoughts on that play?

Apr 1, 2010
I was remembering a post about how tall on average a player had to be in order to play D1--it was something like 5'6" or 5'7". As I watched the Alabama game, I saw a batter who was 5'4", another who was 5'2" and the REALLY little one who was 4'10". So I guess raw numbers don't always tell the whole story. ;-)

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Since you watched the game did you see the player get hurt sliding head first into 2nd base? I think if she went feet first she would have taken the 2nd baseperson’s legs out from under them and might have been safe. Since she was going head first it was her that got hurt.

Any thoughts on that play?

I didn't get home til top of 7th.... I'm right on this UM vs. UA game. 2-0 UM... I guess I'm thinking ...I hope no else gets hurt. I'm not for diving slides... Hope she's alright.

Going to have to miss UT :{(( 2 girls DD works with play against each other down at the park... rec.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06