Scorebook question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2009
If runners on 2nd and 3rd and hitter lays down a bunt, pitcher has easy play to first but decides to hold it and prevent run from scoring. Is it a FC or a single or something else?

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
Fielders choice

My wife is official scorekeeper for DD's team and uses this guide from NFCA

See page 22 #4

Credit a fielder's choice
4. when a runner is checked and no throw is made (a mere checking of a lead runner, or faking a throw does not constitute a play, unless no throw is made, but when a check is followed by a throw and the hitter is safe, credit a hit)

Last edited by a moderator:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
Sluggers made a joke. It is common for some people to "pad" DD's batting ave. But, I don't know anything about that.

Mar 2, 2009
Suffolk, VA
EXCEPTION: If it is the scorekeeper's DD batting, then it is scored as a double.

BUT... if throw to 1B is made and Scorekeeper's DD (batter-runner) is out by 5 steps and umpire calls her out, then umpire blew the call! she was clearly safe in Mom/Dad's Rose Colored-Lying eyes!

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
Sluggers made a joke. It is common for some people to "pad" DD's batting ave. But, I don't know anything about that.

Padding DD's batting average? There are parents that actually do that? :eek:

Padding a players stats is rampant! I have also seen a parent who keeps team stats ding another players stats to make their own DD look better.

I know Sluggers made a joke, so did I.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves