Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Teams can do "contact days" now, but my daughters school hasn't started them yet. Coach said they are working on schedule. You have pretty much every sport either playing their season, or able to do contact days, and I think figuring out gym/workout/training space is tough.
I heard from a reliable source that the problem is inside space. Every team in the HS needs indoor space, and there just isn't any. Softball/baseball are at the back of the line.

Jan 14, 2021
Here in Florida the season opener is next Monday. We had a HS Fall ball league and everything as normal. DD is on the short list for five Northeast and MidWest colleges but couldn't visit any this winter. With Travel Ball and her school team she's at least able to send video clips. I feel for those in CA, Michigan, and the Northeast. ...and it was in the 80s here today!

Apr 1, 2017
I heard from a reliable source that the problem is inside space. Every team in the HS needs indoor space, and there just isn't any. Softball/baseball are at the back of the line.
I’m sure it is. Our varsity coach said he’s looking into renting space outside of the school. Don’t know how that’s budgeted, but shows how limited space will be. I’m picturing 2am “contact days”. Teams were already doing 5am on weekdays before covid in “normal” times.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
DD’s school ball team started open gyms here in Illinois last week. They do two a week and weight train two times a week. Every Sunday she hits with her travel ball team. Right now it looks like her travel ball team is going to try to do two outdoor tournaments in March, and school ball games can start in April.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles